Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tithing

I just feel the need to share this with everyone, we are so blessed.
We have been having a hard time saving for Christmas and we knew that it would be a small one for our kids. Chris thought he would go in a couple of days for overtime and we would be alright just to get the kids a Wii, then he got his overtime taken away and then a few days later he got his hours cut down to 70. That's not enough to even get buy on the bills much less to buy any Christmas. We have been stressed but trying not to let it get to us.
The last Stake conference in the Sat. Adult session they talked about paying a full tithing and we have always just paid on what he brang home not what he made. So after that conference I decided to pay a FULL tithe. Chris's last paycheck came and with the hard times I struggled with turning in the tithing check, and then I just went and put it in the mail.
I was on the way to Hunters Thanksgiving party at his school when I dropped it in the mail and when I came home a couple hours later there was an envelope with my name on it on our computer. I opened it and inside was a card that talked about blessings and there was money!! I was shocked and surprised and confused and grateful. I cried and got on my knees to thank my Heavenly Father. I don't know who could afford to do that at this time with the economy and Christmas so close, but i am thankful, and humbled once again at the love my Savior has for me, even when I am in doubt. Why do we doubt our faith? He will be there to Catch us. When we pay our tithing, somehow ends meet and we have all the things we need. It might not be riches pouring in, but we have food and clothes and nice things. I am grateful.

1 comment:

Our Ohana said...

Thanks for sharing this Gina! I think we forget that we're always taken care of! I'm glad you got such a good suprise - we got lots of those when Kameron was sick!!!!