Sunday, January 11, 2009

prayers needed

For those of you that I have talked to lately know that our family is facing an unpredictable future. Chris's employer FMI have decided to lay off half of Moreni's workers, 1550 people. Chris has a 50/50 chance of loosing his job. We are a little worried. We are trying to be optimistic but on the other hand trying not to be naive. We have looked for other places for him to work, and they would all mean that we would have to move. I love this valley so much, we have the best ward in the world. We have a great piece of land in a good location. The kids walk to school just 2 and a half blocks away, and they all have great friends. All of our family is here, mine and Chris's. We have been blessed here with so much. The future of a Temple being 5 minutes from our house and great friends is hard to think about leaving. But the Lord will put us were he needs us. We have faith that we will be taken care of. I ask with a humble heart for you to pray for my family and for all those who will be affected by this. This whole community is going to hurt. Thank all of you for your friendship and wonderful giving hearts. My heart is full and thankful for so many things that I have taken for granted lately, and the thought of moving and change makes me even more aware of how good we have had it. Our Bishop gave a talk today and he mentioned being happy, right now.. it has opened my mind and it was something I needed to hear. Prepare yourselves, listen to our leaders, you never know when you could be one paycheck away from loosing everything.

3 comments:

Terry and Heather said...

You don't know me but reading your blog opened my eyes as well, My husband also has the same chance of loosing his Job. So many times I sit here and think that Heavenly Father opened the oppurtnity for Terry to get a job there, he's not going to bring us here for another lay off. But maybe this Hevenly Fathers plan for us.. Who knows what it will be but we do have to be HAPPY right now and try not to worry about what may or may not happen. Easier said than done, my husband said he doesn't need to worry cause I worry enough for the both of us.. I totally can understand where you come from and wish your family the best of luck. Everyone is in our prayers. I love our ward to and want so badly to stay here.. Well now that I have babbled forever. I'll shut up now.
Good Luck!

Our Ohana said...

I can't believe Freeport is doing that to so many employee's!! It scares me! I really hope you guys don't have to move away. Moving away from Thatcher was the hardest thing I have ever done. I miss it TERRIBLY (especially our ward!!!!). But, if you do, you have a good attitude that the Lord will put you where you're needed. Hey, you could move to Sierra Vista and we could hang out ;o) I'll definately keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope he gets to keep his job and things will work out - they always do, somehow!!

Love you guys!

David and Tia Palmer said...

GINA! I have been thinkin of you and praying for you! I know that things will turn out for you-one way or the other! You have become such a great friend & I sure think the world of you! Good luck with this-it sure doesn't seem fair!